I work in a district where most of the students do not have access to technology. While there are so many online opportunities available to students during this time of Distance Learning, students at my school need to be provided with print materials. With that said, teachers were asked to submit ten days of ‘print opportunities’ for students. I spent most of today sitting at the computer, reviewing and providing feedback on submitted lessons.
Subject Area: ELA – Writing
Task: Think about a character from a tv show or movie. If they were in your shoes right now, who would be home with them? What are they thinking? Where is their home? Who would argue or play with them? What things would they say? What would they do to pass the time?
As I was reviewing the task, I couldn’t help but hear a certain voice in my head . . .
I’m your Vitavigavegivat Girl. Are you tired, run down, listless? Well, are you? The answer to all your problems is in this little ol’ bottle, Vitameatavegamin.
I . . . LOVE . . . LUCY!
If Lucy were in my shoes right now, who would be home with her?
- If Lucille Ball were in my shoes right now, reviewing and providing feedback on submitted lessons, she would be dressed beautifully, smoking cigarettes, and chatting and laughing with her best friend Ethel Merz.
What are Lucy and friends thinking?
- Lucy and Ethel were always up to some kind of mischief with Ricky and Fred so I would bet the two would be thinking of how to take FULL advantage of Social Distancing.
Where is Lucy and Ricky’s home?
- Lucy and Ricky lived an old reconverted brownstone apartment in New York City.
Who would argue or play with Lucy?
- Although I Love Lucy did not air at the same time as All in the Family, I would love to be a guest at the dinner table of Lucy, Ricky, Edith, and Archie!
What things would Lucy and friends say?
- Lucy, “I’m not funny. What I am is brave.”
- Lucy, “Ethel and I have decided that you have married us and not a television set!”
- Lucy, “I was going to but then I asked myself why.”
- Ethel, “I can’t help it, eating is my hobby!”
- Ricky, “Ever since we said ‘I do’ there are so many things we don’t!”
- Ethel, “That won’t be a novel, that will be a short story.”
What would Lucy and friends do to pass the time?
- See who could stuff the most chocolate in their mouths.
- Make clothing using the living room carpet.
- Collect steering wheels from old cars.
- Impersonate Harpo Marx.
- Visit a winery and stomp grapes.
- Invent scalp treatments for men to prevent receding hairlines.
- Come up with a better tasting Vitameatavegamin Health Tonic.
Perhaps Vitameatavegamin is the cure to the Corona Virus!